Monday, March 9, 2015

Hello there!
 We are the proud owners of Homestead Drying Racks and
The Homestead Store.
We are a family of 7 who have been homesteading for the past 20 + years.
We share daily life on our farm with cows, chickens, goats, honeybees and plenty of other critters
from season to season!
We live in the beautiful state of Oregon. 
Seriously.
It's that beautiful. 
This view is 15 minutes from our farm.
We have 5 kiddos.
(some homegrown, and some grown into our hearts by adoption)
They all think its pretty awesome to be called "farm kids" and wear it proudly!
We also grow produce and different kinds of berries.
Yup.
We are busy - but extremely Blessed.
So we were very excited when God dropped this opportunity right 
into our lap to become the new owners of:
It's quite an amazing story that I'll share in a different post.
Did I mentioned we're Blessed?
Oh good.
I just did.
*~*~*
Here's the main Man behind it all. 
This guy works harder than anyone I know.
He has vision for his family.
(and his wife thinks he's pretty darn cute!)
Uh....that would be me!
All the kids work on this Homestead.
We couldn't do what we do without them - they really are amazing!

So there ya have it.
A little bit about us - I'm looking forward to blogging more about our lives, our products, family, farming, homeschooling.....
and everything in between!
*~*
Blessings.

15 comments:

  1. The drying racks, the old fashioned toys and the great array of kitchen tools are my 3 picks from the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the Victorio peeler, the washboard and hand wringer, and all the cast iron (and really, just about every single thing you sell).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the coffee grinder, grain mill, and drying racks, but that's just off the top of my list. Just about everything would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really like he cast iron lid lifter (so we don't have to use channel locks anymore for that job), the square outdoor patio stove - especially for boiling sap to make syrup, and the french fry cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you all!!!
    I would love to have the victorio, the cast iron jabalaya cast iron pot, srainlwss steel measuring spoons....so many things on my wish list. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like 3 drying racks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved everything in the store! But, if I must choose 3....30 qt All American pressure canner...Homesteader drying rack...12 qt stainless steel roaster...😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much to choose from, my top three choices are: drying rack, country grain mill and Making Herbs Simple vol. 1.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many things I could use. My first three would be a drying rack, a pressure cooker, and Tattler canning lids. Oregon looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My choices are the drying racks, Tattler lids and pasta machine. Good luck on your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the great prices on the cast iron cookware, am very excited about the homesteading DVDs which I plan to get, and love the pressure cookers which I also plan to get to start my own home canning! May God bless your new store and inspirational family! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is so much that I like it's hard to choose. The drying racks, the coffee grinder and all of the cast iron.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited! We have received the Backyard Homestead book that we won in your drawing and have already begun devouring the information. We currently live on 1.3 acres and spend so much time mowing, when we could be growing more food - this book has inspired us to begin doing just that!

    Thank you so much for this book, which I'm certain is going to be just as indispensable to us as the Encyclopedia of Country Living and Country Wisdom & Know-How. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited! We have received the Backyard Homestead book that we won in your drawing and have already begun devouring the information. We currently live on 1.3 acres and spend so much time mowing, when we could be growing more food - this book has inspired us to begin doing just that!

    Thank you so much for this book, which I'm certain is going to be just as indispensable to us as the Encyclopedia of Country Living and Country Wisdom & Know-How. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree it is soooo hard to choose. I think my favorites are the hand wringer, the 23 quart press, and a cast iron dutch oven. Really I want one of everything though.

    ReplyDelete